s-BMS is a battery management system (BMS) module developed by Lithium Balance, a technology company that specializes in the development of advanced sensing and control systems.
The distributed system s-BMS Battery Management System consists of a master board. The master board communicates with 32 Local Monitoring Units (LMU). 3-8 batteries can be connected to each LMU. The Local Monitoring Unit monitors the individual and total voltages of each cell and has 2 temperature sensors. It has applications up to 1000 v.
The s-BMS Battery Management System can be configured via the licensed s-BMS PRO software. This enables the battery integrator to create a unique design.
|System Voltage Range
|12 – 1000VDC
|Number of LMU
|32 Local Monitoring Units (LMU)
|Cells per LMU
|Cells per System
|3 – 256 Cells in series
|2 temp. channel per slave
|Cell Balancing Topology
|Supported CAN communication type
|CAN 2.0A/B 11 bit and 29 bit IDs
|Supported CAN speeds
|125, 250, 500, 1k kbit/sec
|Charger Control Interfaces
- BMCU: 100600
- LMU: 100601
- s-BMS PRO: 100640.99
- s-BMS SERVICE: 100641.99
- Configuration Software: The s-BMS PRO software allows the battery designer to adjust the BMS configuration for their specific application and selected battery chemistry.
- Service Software: The s-BMS SERVICE software provides secure after-sales service for the battery by giving users read-only access.
- USB/RS232: Both s-BMS SERVICE and s-BMS PRO software require an adapter for connection from the BMS to the PC. The USB/RS232 adapter is optimized for s-BMS PRO/SERVICE.
LiTHIUM BALANCE offers a range of both air-cooled and water-cooled chargers. The chargers are available in capacities of 1.8 kW, 3.3 kW and 6.6 kW.
- Cell Monitoring Wire Harness: Custom-made cell monitoring cable assemblies and temperature cable assemblies can be provided for all s-BMS products.
- Internal communication wire: A set of standard length interconnection cables are provided for all s-BMS products. The connection cables are manufactured according to the RS485 protocol.
- External communication wire: For all s-BMS products there is a range of different I/O cables for connection to shunts, VCUs, relays, CAN devices and other peripherals.
Shunt: A range of standard, compact and high precision shunts for all s-BMS products is offered by LiBAL. These shunts are also available to suit currents specific to almost any application.
LiTHIUM BALANCE offers a range of cost-effective cells. These products have proven themselves in the market for over 10 years. These cells are managed by BMS and also come with the possibility of an extended warranty.
- Fuses: Fuses are another layer of safety for battery systems. LiTHIUM BALANCE also offers various fuses with suitable values for large format batteries.
- Displays: LiTHIUM BALANCE offers a range of standard displays (CAN-based) that can be seamlessly connected to the s-BMS.
- Relays: A range of standard and robust relays is offered for all s-BMS products. In addition, these relays can be selected to suit current and voltage levels specific to almost any application.
Application Support: We offer application support to ensure smooth integration of s-BMS into the system. The software license includes 5 hours of free support. However, other application support is provided on an hourly basis.
Training: s-BMS includes a comprehensive introduction to Li-ion technology and battery integration possibilities. LiTHIUM BALANCE has tailored its trainings specifically to user needs.
Remote surveillance: A modem-based surveillance system for s-BMS is connected to the BMS via CAN. The data is stored on a secure server and can be accessed from anywhere.